Freddy Fazbear vs Slβ¦
Ceasing To Be Her Deβ¦
Geist - Escape the dβ¦
Forgotten Hill: Buriβ¦
Five Nights At The Hβ¦
Secret Of The Necromβ¦
Welcome To The Freakβ¦
Being Her Darkest Frβ¦
Inculcation - PnC Hoβ¦
HF Memento - Love Beβ¦
Forgotten Hill Memenβ¦
Clown Nights - FNAF β¦
Midnight - Haunted bβ¦
Most Popular Horror Games
The House 2
Slender The 8 Pageβ¦
The Horror House
Slender The Nine Pβ¦
Slender Man 2D: Saβ¦
Silent Hill Room 3β¦
Escape The House Oβ¦
Slender Winter Ediβ¦
Slender The Arrivaβ¦
The Cursed Forest
Slenderman Must Diβ¦
The Lost Souls
Five Nights At Freβ¦
Slender Mystery Foβ¦
Real Horror Storieβ¦
Five Nights At Freβ¦
Welcome to DarkHorrorGames (DHG) Online Games
DarkHorrorGames is a website devoted only to horror online games. We don't care about zombies or monsters unless they bring in the atmosphere of pure evil and a sticky sense of blood and absolute horror. Online games will give you a glimpse at what older rated console games are like.
So, what does make a horror game scary?
Online horror games are slightly more popular now because they are severely underserved in the PC and games console world. Horror games are almost none existent, since most horror premises are co-opted into action games. Apparently, hunting down aliens or genetic mutations is no longer a subject for scary games, and is just used as an excuse for another action game. There have been some scary games in the past. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were frightening, as were the early Resident Evil games, with Resident Evil 4 winning all the prizes. Dead Space has its moments, as does Manhunt.
What is so scary about horror games?
With games like Manhunt, it is probably the sheer violence. With Slender (the 3D versions), it is the creepy feeling of being followed. With the Resident evil games, it is the silent arena that makes those scary moments more shocking. Plus, most of the Resident evil games put you against increasingly difficult foes with increasingly less ammo.
Silent hill 1 and 2 were the scariest, due in part to the difficult the handle controls, the feeling of isolation, the very scary noises and music, and the general lack of visibility. Other games have tried to recreate this by not allowing the user to see the floor, but it does not recreate what Silent Hill 1 and 2 managed to achieve.
Are scary online games hit or miss?
Yes they are. But, it always seems to be the ones that show you too much that are the biggest losers. Even with a point-and-click game, if you are only shown a quick flash of possible something, then it is better than the severed head in the paper basket. The popup scary pranks in the games are okay, but they become tired for the more hardcore horror gamer. It is the ones that tease you more that are the best, such as if you click on a photo to have a closer look, and you think you see the little girl in the picture blink.
WARNING: Some images in games on this website might be disturbing for you. Yet, there is no risk or personal/emotional investment, so if you see something that you don't like, simply close the window.
UPDATE: Due to the increased interest in the escape games I decided to initiate a new project entitled Cool Escape Games, which contains not only horrorΒ but also all other types of escape games, such as house, prison and room escape
Play @ schools: Because schools are blocking access to flash gaming sites I decided to start experiment project with https: Unblocked Games - central, which hopefully avoids school servers restrictions
Dark Horror Comments
- spoopybirbb commented on Inculcation - PnC Horror Escape : k i figured out the lock, but i watched the walkthrough and did everything right and i couldn't get the hanger tho
- spoopybirbb commented on Fran Bow - Escaping the mental hospital : *****
- spoopybirbb commented on Don't Escape 3 : meh. i tried
- spoopybirbb commented on Don't Escape : this is pretty cool but i can't beat it without the walkthrough
- spoopybirbb commented on Sanatorium : hmm
- spoopybirbb commented on Inculcation - PnC Horror Escape : mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I CAN'T PICK THE STUPID DAMN LOCK
- spoopybirbb commented on Red Oz Part 1 - The Witch Hunt Begins : @SpoopZMasterPinky i agree. daddy is pretty racist -_-
- spoopybirbb commented on Red Oz Part 1 - The Witch Hunt Begins : mmmm i can't get past the part where you have to get the lungs.i watched the walkthrough and followed it but it still didn't work.
- spoopybirbb commented on Don't Escape 3 : *****
- spoopybirbb commented on Toybox - Creepy Puzzles : what's with the damn posters. some people are playing this game at a PUBLIC LIBRARY and are under the age of 18
- spoopybirbb commented on Free Ice Cream - Creeepy Dude With Axe : dude. killing children is not cool.
- spoopybirbb commented on Urbex : i friggin love psionic <33333
- spoopybirbb commented on Amea - Post-apocalyptic Adventure : this is so coooooolllll
- spoopybirbb commented on Secret of Mystery House 3: The Bastien Curse : hmm okay??
- spoopybirbb commented on The House 2 : how do you get out of the living room?
- spoopybirbb commented on Dark Deception : oh.
- spoopybirbb commented on Dream Eater - Pixelated Mystery : pretty okay i guess
- spoopybirbb commented on Geist - Escape the death game : oof
- spoopybirbb commented on Freddy Fazbear vs Slenderman - Third Person Horror Game : oh god. the world has truly come to an end
- thecrazyone commented on Ceasing To Be Her Demise - PixelArt Horror Adventure : missed playing this game, loved it
- thecrazyone commented on Fran Bow - Escaping the mental hospital : ill just watch others play it instead of buying it...
- thecrazyone commented on Freddy Fazbear vs Slenderman - Third Person Horror Game : i just woke up and its hard to control dis...but i like the game so far
- spoopybirbb commented on Forgotten Hill - Spiders Attack Point And Click : awesomee
- spoopybirbb commented on Dreamgate Escape - Trip To Reality : hm
- spoopybirbb commented on Nekra Psaria 2 - Dead Fish Escape : yesp
- spoopybirbb commented on The Insanity 2 : the damn PAINTIN
- spoopybirbb commented on Real Horror Stories : um. you basically just click things, until they do something. this is alright tho
- spoopybirbb commented on Being One - Episode 3 - Dark Matter : <3
- spoopybirbb commented on Mutant Uprising - RPG Text Based Mutant Survival Test : lol. i just sang to the gerbil and i named it jerry
- spoopybirbb commented on The Intruder - Point And Click Multichoice Thriller : i wish i had the right flash player thing for this ):